The Gavel - February 2020
|Pathways to Success |
Marilyn Latchford will celebrate 20 years as a Toastmaster in June causing her to say, “My, how time flies!” Recently she completed her third DTM in the traditional programme. She is working in the 'Presentation Mastery' Path and is currently composing a blog to complete Level 4. Marilyn said, “I have chosen a second Path 'Engaging Humour' to work on when I'm stalled with my blog.”
To learn more about Pathways and Pathways Trainers, click here
Read the rest of Marilyn's story here.
|D60 Annual Conference -- April 18-19, 2020|
To learn more or buy early bird tickets, click here
- Headliner Hollywood Story Expert Michael Hauge, shown above
|Lunchtime Talkers - Back from the Brink |
2016/2017 was a rough year for Oshawa's Lunchtime Talkers Toastmasters Club. Its Board was under stress as both its President and Treasurer were unexpectedly absent to deal with serious health issues experienced by their aging parents. Long time member and Board officer Bob Weese had also just taken four months off as he concentrated on work obligations.
Learn more about Lunchitime Talkers' experience here
Click here here to learn more about the district realignment and provide your input.
The first draft of the District 60 Alignment 2020-2021 is available on our District website for your feedback.
Your input is valuable and appreciated, and the Team looks forward to your insights, ideas and suggestions.
|New Ways to Win for Club Success |
EARN A CLUB PIZZA PARTY!
Clubs that add 5 new members registered and paid between Feb 1 and Mar 31, 2020 will be treated to a pizza party with one of the District Leaders Dawn Frail, Wendy Williamson or Aneeta Pathak.
EARN A US$25 TI GIFT CERTIFICATE!
Participate in the Club Buddy Program: Clubs with less than 20 members pair up with clubs with more than 20 members and work together to add 5 new members to the smaller club. Both Clubs earn a gift certificate. Click here for more details.
To learn more about these incentives, click here.
EARN MARK BOWDEN PRESENTATION SKILLS & JAMES ALLEN AUDIOBOOK FOR EVERY MEMBER IN YOUR CLUB!
Win free access to Mark Bowden's Presentation Skills for Leaders training (shown above) and the audiobook "As A Man Thinketh" by James Allen -- for every member of your Club when Club April renewals are submitted on time.
To be a club in good standing, dues must be paid for at least 8 members by Apr 1st (3 of which must be renewals). Members must be paid up and belong to a club in good standing to earn educational awards, receive the TI magazine -- and paying on time earns your Club Distinguished Club program credit.
Trying something new is always an adventure, with plenty of risk. In Toastmasters, it’s also a fun way to learn! Facilitating workshops is a great way to do that while also getting the word out about Toastmasters
To read more about facilitating workshops, click here.
|Take a SFEAT --A Club Is More Than Its Members |
Can a whole be greater than the sum of its parts? This sounds like one of those phiisophical queries that can be argued either way.
When it comes to a Toastmaster Club the whole is more than its parts. To prove this assertion, Roman Smolak, VP PR for the Speaking From Experience Advanced Toastmasters Club (fondly referred to as SFEAT) and intrepid workshop presenter, provides several observations from his own club.
Read more about SFEAT's experience here
- George Keenan Award (nomination deadline March 1, click here)
- Area District Visits: Complete 100% of club visits and submit all reports by Mar 15, 2020 to earn a gift certificate plus eligibility in a draw for a prize valued at $100
- Clubs Officer training: Earn a TI notebook for each club officer when all 7 of 7 club officers attend training between Nov 1, 2019 and Feb 29, 2020
- Pathways Member Incentives: various awards (pins, notebooks, etc.) for different levels of Path completion
- For more on D60 incentives programs, click here.
|NEW INCENTIVES FOR CLUB SUCCESS:|
- Club Buddy Program: Add 5 new members to the Little Buddy Club between Feb 1 and Jun 30, 2020 to receive a US$25 TI gift certificate for each Club, click here for more details
- Membership Renewal: When a club sends in their April renewals on time, then every member in that club is eligible to receive the audiobook "As A Man Thinketh" by James Allen and free access to Mark Bowden's Presentation Skills for Leaders training
- New Membership (Talk Up Toastmasters Campaign): Earn a Club pizza party by adding 5 new members (applications and payments submitted) between Feb 1 and Mar 31, 2020.
- For more on D60 incentives programs, click here
- Toastmasters Club Officer Training available until Feb 29, 2020
- 2020 Annual Conference featuring Hollywood screenwriter Hollywood screenwriter Michael Hauge as our keynote speaker (April 18-19, 2020 at BMO IFL) - register by Feb 23, 2020 to save $50!
- Go to Upcoming Events Calendar
|What's Happening in D60
Advanced 60 Speakers Evaluation Contest Winners (shown); Whitby Intrepid, North York Project Management, Citco Toronto, Bay Street Breakfast Club (BSBC)