Joining a Toastmasters club involves committing to improving your communication skills, and to helping your fellow members improve their skills.
It is called the Toastmasters Promise.
As a member of Toastmasters International and my club, I promise to:
- Attend club meetings regularly
- Prepare my speech and leadership projects to the best of my ability, basing them on the Toastmasters education program
- Prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments
- Provide fellow members with helpful and constructive evaluations
- Help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow
- Serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so
- Treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- Bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits that membership in Toastmasters offers
- Adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters education and recognition programs
- Act within Toastmasters’ core values of integrity, respect, service and excellence during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities
Making these promises helps promote a safe, secure, and fun environment for people to test new ideas, make mistakes, and learn.