A growing number of Canada’s top employers offer in-house Toastmasters clubs to help employees become better communicators and leaders.
During the past year, more than 1000 new corporate Toastmasters clubs were chartered worldwide.
Toastmasters’ communication and leadership teaches employees how to:
- Conduct effective meetings
- Practice time management
- Enhance listening skills
- Sharpen presentation skills
- Boost team collaboration
- Guide successful teams
- Giving effective feedback
In the age of texting, email and social media, strong communication skills remain highly prized by employers, which makes Toastmasters’ experiential learning program all the more valuable; it helps employees become better speakers and leaders.
Forming a corporate Toastmasters club is an effective and inexpensive way to develop, enhance and retain employees. District 60 is experiencing record growth in corporate clubs with more than 60 percent of clubs having some corporate affiliation. That trend is expected to continue as the skills the Toastmasters program teaches are always in demand in the marketplace.
District 60 includes several advanced clubs for experienced Toastmaster speakers. Many have membership prerequisites. Advanced clubs offer more in-depth feedback on speech and project evaluations than regular clubs. Our Advanced Clubs include:
- Advanced 60 Speakers – North Toronto
- Dynamic Advanced Toastmasters – Scarborough
- Eagle Advanced Speakers – Pickering
- Keynote Speakers Advanced Club – Downtown Toronto
- Omemee Advanced Toastmasters – Lindsay and Kawartha Lakes
- Speaking from Experience Advanced Toastmasters Club – Etobicoke
- Spotlight Speakers – Oshawa
- TGIF Advanced Toastmasters – Downtown Toronto