What is speechcraft?
Speechcraft is a 4- , 6- or 8- week adult program (18 and over) developed for new or non-Toastmasters allowing participants to understand the concepts of leadership and public speaking. There are approximately two to. eight participants per workshop.
Accomplish Toastmasters guide the participants through the fundamentals of public speaking and leadership in a relaxed nonthreatening atmosphere.
If you are looking for a way to increase membership in your club, consider running a Speechcraft workshop. Run an open house as part of your membership drive. Invite individuals to attend to become members of the speech craft program to see whether they and or their organization would like to be a member of the hosting club or start a club in their organization.
Speech craft is a way of giving back to the community, educate college students, individuals returning to the workplace and interns.
There are many benefits to running a Speechcraft workshop, including the following:
- Increases membership
- Makes stronger new members
- Improves new member retention
- Improves mentoring skills of current members
- Improves leadership skills of current members
- Advanced Communicator Gold credit for the Speechcraft Coordinator
- Adds variety to meetings
Who will support me if I wish to run a Speechcraft program?
- Contact your District 60 Speechcraft Chair ask for their assistance
- Find out through your Speechcraft Chair if you need to order supplies
- Promote, Publicize, Present! Start one month before the program date
- Gather feedback from the participants
Sample of Speechcraft agenda
A Speechcraft webinar is available conduct by Sheryl Roush! She is a Past District Governor, and one of the few credentialed Accredited Speakers honored by Toastmasters for professional speakin!
- For the handout: http://bit.ly/SherylRoushHandout
- Video instruction: http://bit.ly/speechcraftjuly30
For additional information:
For more information, please email Elton Brown at: :speechcraft@Toastmasters60.com