Celebrate the accomplishments of your fellow Toastmasters!
Nominations are now open for the 2022/23 Toastmasters year for:
- Toastmaster of the Year
- Club President of the Year
- Area Director of the Year
- Division Director of the Year
If you know someone (or even you!) who is deserving of one of the above honours, please click here and nominate them for an award.
Let’s celebrate the amazing efforts of our fellow Toastmasters!
Please submit the completed nomination form by October 31, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations, District 60!
Thanks to our 50 clubs that achieved Distinguished+ status in 2022-23, our District was presented with the District Program Quality Award by 2022/23 International President, Matt Kinsey.
This award is earned by each and every member of a District 60 club who joined, participated and completed Path Levels. We could not be prouder of our members who made this happen!
Let’s keep it going – we’re off to a strong start this year, with club members in 28 of our clubs having already completed one or more Path Levels.
Pathways is evolving!
You may have seen the email recently from Toastmasters International regarding upcoming enhancements to Pathways
We now know that:
- These changes are scheduled for the first half of 2024;
- The Path you’re already working on, or begin before the changes are implemented, will continue to be available with no interruption or change.
To find out more, please click here.
From Region 6 to Region 5
What you may not know is that District 60 belongs to one of 14 Regions worldwide, and for the last few years that Region has been Region 6 which currently comprises 10 Districts.
Announced at the International Convention in August, the fourteen Regions that span the Toastmasters world will change their boundaries on July 1, 2024 – please click here for more information.
District 60 will become a part of Region 5, which will be more west-east than our current Region 6’s north-south configuration.
Using Prepared Speeches for Career Success – Panel Discussion
Senior management of a corporation will often ask its workforce to improve communication skills. Communicating effectively and with confidence is highly valued in the workplace. Prepared speeches at Toastmasters are a great way to learn to present a message that is simple yet effective and impactful, one that will differentiate you in the workplace.
At the Using Prepared Speeches for Career Success – Panel Discussion hosted by District 60, the following three topics were discussed:
- Benefits of Giving Prepared Speeches to Career Success:
- How to make speeches less effort and more fun
- How to make Pathways works for you
The distinguished panel comprised of the following:
- Andrew Mertens, DTM, 2022/23 District 60 District Director
- John Ribeiro, DTM, Certified Leadership Coach
- Mthabisi Mhlanga, Winner of District 60 2022 International Speech Contest and Quarter-finalist at the 2022 World Champion of Public Speaking.
The panellists shared many personal career success stories which they felt were due to the skills learned through prepared speeches. The overarching message was: If we are at Toastmasters to learn to communicate effectively and with confidence in the workplace, then it is important that we give as many prepared speeches as possible.