Everyone without exception is a negotiator, whether as an employee, employer, manager, wife, husband, parent, child, mortgage client, mortgage rep, union rep, flea market purchaser and so on. This workshop will demonstrate the method of ‘principled negotiation’ developed at the Harvard Negotiation Project.
When: Thursday, January 24, 2019
Where: State Street Financial – 30 Adelaide St E: Victoria Room – Toronto, ON M5C 3G9
Time: 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/getting-to-yes-the-art-of-negotiation-tickets-54833052135
- Distinguish between ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ negotiation vs ‘principled’ negotiation
- How to separate the people from the problem
- Focusing on interests, not positions
- Arriving at options that satisfy all parties
- Understanding objective criteria
- How to develop a BATNA (Best alternative to a negotiated agreement)
Presenter – David Bachan, DTM
District 60’s 2016/17 Public Relations Manager, David is a member of the FRMT team negotiating use of domed spaces within Toronto. As a Riverdale resident, he is negotiating with Metrolinx to add new train lines along the east-west corridor.
Hosted by TGIF Advanced Toastmasters.
Space is limited – register early to reserve your spot!