‘Contest season’ will soon be here at Danforth-Pape Toastmasters Club and throughout District 60.
We want YOU to be READY!
Contests are exciting events for both contestants and contest officials and we understand that many members have never been involved in a contest or have simply watched a contest without knowing the ins and outs of what was going on. By attending and participating in this workshop, you will learn:
- how to run a fair contest
- who are the contest officials
- what documentation is needed
- what is the flow
The benefits of objective judging for judges
- to understand the difference between judging and evaluation
- to deliver the best possible results
The benefits of objective judging for contestants
- to learn what criteria the judges are using
To lead this workshop Danforth-Pape Toastmasters invited Johanne Von Zuben, DTM. Johanne is especially suited to lead this workshop having been a Contest Chair, Chief Judge and filling all other contest official roles for a plethora of contests at all levels from club to area and division as well as district and international. Johanne is recognized as a ‘contest junkie’.