Things you must do to become a Youth Leadership Program Coordinator
Remember, you are working with underage children (12-17).
Most organizations require you to submit to a police check. This process will take at least eight to ten weeks. Schedule your Youth Leadership Program accordingly!
- Go to the Police Station, 40 College Street, Toronto, and pick up the Consent to Disclosure form. You cannot locate and download the form from the Internet. You must go to the police station. The form looks like this https://www.toastmasters60.com/wp-content/uploads/Consent_to_Disclosure.pdf
- Once you have the form, please fill it out and submit it to the Police. Get a letter from the organization you are presenting the YLP stating that you are being screened on their behalf, show the letter to the Police; it will save you $20.00.
- Once you are cleared, you are requested to be fingerprinted. Once fingerprinted, the turnaround time is approximately three weeks before you receive your Consent to Disclosure form.
- When you receive your Consent to Disclosure form, in the upper right-hand corner hopefully, you will see the word CLEAR
- If so, take the form to the organization where you are conducting the YLP and get your YLP started!
- The validity period for a Vulnerable Sector Check depends on the agency requesting it from you. Each organization determines its renewal requirements.
Bottom line – It takes approximately eight to ten weeks turnaround time for the screening process to complete. Announce your Youth Leadership Program three months in advance. This will give you enough time to complete the Vulnerable Sector Screening process.
For additional information, go to http://torontopolice.on.ca/background-checks/vulnerable-sector-screening-process.php or contact the Police using the following telephone number 416-808-7991.