Pictured from left to right:
Toastmaster of The Year: Andrew Mertens
President of the Year: Michelle Spear
Area Director of the Year: Kris McKeown
Division Director of the Year: Gilles Robert
Andrew (Speaking From Experience Advanced Toastmasters, G63, Blossoming Voices Toastmasters Club, H73, TGIF Advanced Toastmasters, F53) Michelle (Danforth-Pape, H75 and Dynamic Advanced, D32}, Kris (Area D32) and Giles (Division E) were selected because they exemplify what’s best about Toastmasters — and have gone above and beyond to give back to the Toastmasters community.
The purpose of the OTY awards is to:
- Encourage excellence for each category and award members for helping District 60 and for helping our members achieve their Toastmasters Goals.
- Provide tools for our club and district levels so that they can encourage, monitor and recognize our members, clubs, areas and divisions.
- Provide tips to our members on how to contribute towards the success for our clubs, area, division and district.
The criteria use a balance of measurable goals and written feedback / testimonials on observed behaviours and contributions. The nominee is expected to excel in most of the categories rather than in just a few categories.
The 5 criteria used are:
- Club & Membership Building and Retention
- Distinguished Status
- Education and Training
- Leadership, Commitment and Support
- Public Relations
All Toastmaster members of District 60 clubs in good standing are eligible to nominate themselves or be nominated for the role or roles that they have performed. Members of the District Executive Committee are expected to contribute to the District Mission at higher levels than non-Committee members hence are only eligible for the Area or Division Director of the Year Award as appropriate. For more details and past recipients, visit the D60 website.