Hello everyone, and thank you for the opportunity to continue to serve District 60.
I am excited about the year to come as we continue to embrace Pathways, at the same time as helping those who are working on the traditional path to achieve their goals.
This will be a year of opportunity as we also consider what the annual conference will look like, and how this new vision will affect the contests.
Do you have a passion for education? If so, perhaps you would like to join us: the PQD (Program Quality Director) team. My vision this year is to spark the LOVE OF LEARNING in the hearts of others all across the District. There are many opportunities to serve the team this year, including:
- Education Committee: (Chair: Heather Haigh) continue to execute the “Where Leaders Are Made” vision of Toastmasters International. TLI (Toastmasters Leadership Institute), COT (Club Officer Training), other educational events throughout the year.
- Communications Committee: write articles and social media pieces about educational topics to keep all members of the District informed and inspired.
- Pathways Committee: (Chair Alison Knibb) help clubs embrace the Pathways program.
- Workshop Bureau Committee: (Chair: Andrew Mertens) build a team ready, willing and able to deliver workshops of all types throughout the District.
- Conference Committee: (Co-Chairs: Andrew Mertens and Victoria Nguyen) with one annual conference, this promises to be an incredible event that inspires, educates and empowers greatness.
- Contest Committee: (Chair: Ross Mackay) encourage excellence at the Club, Area and Division levels.
If you have a passion for education, then we have a place for you on the team. Let us know where your interests lie and we’ll be in touch.