Thank you for your interest in learning more about leadership opportunities with the District. This page is intended to give you information to help you understand the expectations of each role in order to help you determine if the role might be right for you. These positions are appointed by the District Director and some roles are eligible for Distinguished Toastmaster credit.
There are two categories of opportunities highlighted on this page:
- District Executive Committee (DEC) roles
- District Project roles
District Executive Committee (DEC)
As a member of the DEC, you represent the district and Toastmasters International in an official capacity. You agree to:
- Attend annual training (June 8, 2019)
- Attend all DEC meetings (approximately 6/year)
- Uphold the Toastmasters values of Integrity, Service, Excellence and Respect
- Commit to the success and mission of Toastmasters International
Area Director (AD)
- Provide district contact, support, and assistance to the club so that it may achieve the club mission and fulfill its responsibilities to members
- Help clubs by keeping in regular contact with club presidents in the area, visit each club at least twice during the year, and submit the AD visit reports on time
- Achieve Distinguished Area Program goals and ensure that each area club is Distinguished
- Hold Area Council meetings at least twice during the year
- Assist the Division Director in building at least one new club within the Area or Division
If you are interested in being an Area Director, please complete the AD Application form and send it to email@example.com
The following Areas are still available for assignment. Click on Area to see clubs assigned as of July 1, 2019:
Additional opportunities to take on projects at the District level. These roles do not qualify for credit as a role in the Distinguished Toastmaster program, however many of these projects would make excellent High Performance Leadership (HPL) or DTM projects, and educational credit may be earned.
Logistics Manager (LM)
- Co-ordinates meeting locations and organizes the room, ensuring the atmosphere is conducive to successful events, such as business meetings, speech contests, and training
- Sets up necessary equipment, assists district leaders with meeting arrangements, distributes program materials, keeps track of district property, and addresses disruptions during events
- A track record of organization and diplomacy are a must for this role
This person would work closely with the Logistics Manager to research appropriate no/low-cost facilities in District 60, suitable for District events. Several events, such as Club Officer Training, require special facilities and space is becoming more and more difficult to procure. Someone who can work well with people and manage many moving parts would be a good candidate for this project.
This person will manage a redesign project of the District 60 Website. Gathering information to help design a highly effective front-end that meets members needs, and efficiently manages the back-end to ensure maximum security are the key deliverables in this project. This person will coordinate a team of people with specialized skills and will work closely with the District Webmaster. This is a short-term project.
The webmaster assists the district director and club growth director with updates to the district website. Although the district director is the publisher of the district website and ultimately responsible for its content, the webmaster plays an important role in maintaining the website. This involves posting district announcements, removing outdated content and troubleshooting functionality issues. Members who typically excel in this role are Internet savvy and creative. District 60 uses WordPress for its website platform and advanced knowledge of WordPress is an asset. This assignment will be for 1 year with the possibility of extension.
If you are interested in applying for, or getting additional information on, any of the positions listed above, please let us know and we’ll be happy to explore the opportunity with you.