To help clubs succeed, Toastmasters International provides training for club officers twice per year. Round 2 training is particularly helpful for officers now that they have 6 months experience in the role and have a new set of questions for how to succeed.
Join us for the District 60 Club Officer Training/Toastmasters Leadership Institute and learn, invigorate and ignite your passion. Refresh and refocus on your priorities for the remaining months of your term. Share with others who would benefit from hearing about your successes. Be there to get the information and support to take you and your club to a successful conclusion of the 2018/19 term.
Session kickoff with the incredible PAT JOHNSON from Vancouver, BC. Pat coaches leaders to help them find their greatest versions of their authentic selves and works with individuals to overcome their self-limitations and to aspire to more in life.
- 8:30 AM Registration
- 9:00 AM Session Kickoff with Pat Johnson, PIP
- 10:00 AM Officer breakout sessions
- 11:30 PM Lunch Break
- 12:00 PM TLI Workshops – Round 1
- 1:00 PM TLI Workshops – Round 2
- 2:00 PM Session end
Cash at the door: $10. (optional lunch available $10)
COT Trainers & Pathways Experts:
- President: Andrew Mertens, DTM & Oksana Galiuk, DL2
- VP Education: Susan Carroll-Clark, DTM
- VP Membership: Johanne von Zuben, DTM and Agnes Liu, CC
- VP Public Relations: Aneeta Pathak, ACS, ALB and Elton Brown, DTM
- Secretary: Roman Smolak, DTM and Dana Woo, ACS, ALB
- Treasurer: Alan Madonik, DTM
- Sergeant At Arms: Leigh Doyle
- Pat Johnson, PIP: Creating Success in Corporate Clubs
- Mario Keriakedes, DTM: Leadership Characteristics Part 1
- Irene Kay, DTM: Leading With Volunteers
- Daniele Thibodeau, DTM: Managing Change With Pathways
- Roman Smolak, DTM: Click With Your Guest and Gain a New Member
Pat Johnson, PIP: Creating Success in Corporate Clubs
- Being an International President and a Toastmaster for over 35 years, Pat has accumulated a wealth of knowledge on Toastmasters clubs around the globe. Recently, she has focused her efforts on the sustainability of corporate programs. At the August 2018 Toastmasters Convention in Chicago, she presented on this topic as well as launched her “Handbook for Building and Sustaining Vibrant Toastmasters Programs in Corporations”. This session with her will be interactive and an opportunity for officers and members to meet and discuss the challenges of maintaining a vibrant corporate club. Pat looks forward to hearing all of your questions and success stories of as well as sharing her perspectives with you.
Mario Keriakedes, DTM: Leadership Characteristics Part 1
- You’ve heard and read it many times, “we need leaders.” It’s said about business, politics, and religion. If there is one ingredient essential to the success of any organization or effort, it’s leadership! This interactive session will help us define leadership, discover our present leadership skills and determine how to become better
Irene Kay, DTM: Leading With Volunteers
- Identify processes to inspire (recruit), engage and retain volunteers. Learn the seven-step volunteer retention cycle that is designed to cover the major areas of working with volunteers. Identify and change why volunteers don’t volunteer and/or stop volunteering.
Daniele Thibodeau, DTM: Managing Change With Pathways
- Pathways took years to develop, test and validate as the new Toastmasters Education program. Ambassadors and guides were trained and sent on a mission to convert as many District 60 clubs as they could since November 2017. How is your club dealing with the transformation? Are you or some of your club members still hesitant to embark on the new program? You are invited to a workshop that will get to the root causes of that hesitation (even resistance) and create a plan to accelerate your success through Pathways.
Roman Smolak, DTM: Click With Your Guest and Gain a New Member
- The first impression we make is critical for generating meaningful relationships. But do we understand what first impressions we really make? Discover soft approaches that get you hard results. Learn effective techniques you can use anytime, in any circumstance. Hear how to welcome guests in a new light and to build new bridges for increasing membership.
Pat Johnson, PIP: Lead With Your Heart
- Across the world today we hear the cry for leaders in all walks of life. Pat Johnson believes that leaders are developed, not born, and that leadership development comes with practice and awareness. Pat shares experiences and discoveries that have shaped her view of leadership traits and invites you to consider your leadership through these lenses. Let’s explore together how this impacts our leadership journey.