The second draft of the proposed District Alignment for 2020-2021 is now available.
Members, Club and District Officers, please review and provide any feedback by March 5, 2020 to your Division Representative or Alignment Chair. Pictures of each Division Representative, contact information and links to current and proposed maps are also listed below.
The final draft will be voted for approval by members of the District Council (Club Presidents & VPEs or their delegates, Area & Division Directors and the District 7) on April 18, 2020.
Each year, Districts around the world review and amend, if necessary, their alignment of the clubs, areas and divisions. Alignment teams are tasked to create a plan that services clubs, areas and divisions in the most effective way possible for the upcoming term starting July 1st. With the upcoming reformation, we have a unique opportunity to plan over 2 terms.
To create an alignment plan that services clubs and areas in the most effective way possible for the next 2 Toastmasters terms.
Mission / Objectives:
To take into consideration key requirements from Toastmasters International in developing the alignment of D60 clubs that will be in D60 and D123 by Jul 1, 2021:
- At least three Areas per Division
- Between 4 to 6 clubs per Area; priority to areas that have less than 4 or more than 6 paid clubs (A1, C27, D33, G62, G63, H73, H74, I85)
- Ability for clubs, areas and divisions to participate and excel in the Distinguished program
- Location, meeting day, time and frequency of meetings
- Consider club growth by aligning prospective clubs and clubs not in good standing for possible loss
- Consider boundaries for Div D & H; Div G North, B & D; Div G South & Div H; balancing number of clubs in Downtown Divisions
- Recommend the number of Divisions for District 60 & the new District 123 prior to the start of the next Leadership Committee
The objective is to have balanced areas with a mixture of high performing clubs with new clubs and those who have growth opportunities keeping in mind the location and meeting times of the clubs.
Communicate and recommend solutions with our team and stakeholder within the framework of our Toastmasters Values of Integrity, Respect, Service & Excellence
Alignment Plan Overview:
|1||Seek input from committee members through discussions with:
|2||Draft first set of recommendations and publish to the District for discussion: Click to download Excel or PDF version||01/31/2020|
|3||Update based on input and have 2nd draft published in third week of February: Click to download Excel or PDF version||02/21/2020|
|4||Update if necessary and publish to presentation to the DEC in first week of March||03/05/2020|
|5||Update if necessary and publish for presentation at the Council Meeting||04/11/2020|
|6||Update based on new clubs formed and suspended and submit to Trio and then to TI||07/11/2020|
|Chair: Karim Premji||B: David Veights||D: Mohan Gunarajah||E: Kris Nelson||G: Angela Ho|
|Email Karim||Email David||Email Mohan||Email Kris||Email Angela|
|Current D60 Map||Current Div B Map||Current Div D Map||Current Div E Map||Current Div G Map|
|Proposed D60 Map – 2020-2021||Proposed Div B Map – 2020-2021||Proposed Div D Map – 2020-2021||Proposed Div E Map – 2020-2021||Proposed Div G Map – 2020-2021|
|A: Alison Knibb||C: Kris McKeown||F: Raul Luna Polo||H: Andrew Mertens||I : Alex Alarcon|
|Email Alison||Email Kris||Email Raul||Email Andrew||Email Alex|
|Current Div A Map||Current Div C Map||Current Div F Map||Current Div H Map||Current Div I Map|
|Proposed Div A Map – 2020-2021||Proposed Div C Map – 2020-2021||Proposed Div F Map – 2020-2021||Proposed Div H Map -2020-2021||Proposed Div I Map -2020-2021|
- Aneeta Pathak, ACS, ALS, Club Growth Director (Prospective Clubs & Clubs Not-In Good Standing)
- Club Presidents (Feedback from Survey & input from proposals)
- Area Directors (Feedback from Survey; Area Expertise & input from proposals)
- Club Performance Report: http://dashboards.toastmasters.org/Club.aspx?id=60
- Club export tool – a Find-a-club work-alike: http://www.marshalls.org/tmtools/#directory
- DCP History – District/Division/Area/Club Snapshot: http://www.marshalls.org/tmtools/#dcphistory
- Alignment Committee: Experience & Expertise