I am an Information Technology Professional with over two decades of experience. I build positive and collaborative relationships with Business Stakeholders and Technology Owners to achieve value-driven accomplishments.
My certifications from industry-leading companies (Microsoft, ISACA, ISC2, and Cisco) span multiple disciplines in Information Technology, Information Security and Governance. It is my firm belief that talents, efforts and time should be shared for the improvement of our communities and the betterment of the public. As such, I am an avid supporter of charities for which I volunteer, campaign, and promote.
By joining Toastmasters, I embarked on a ride bound by introspection, humour, vulnerability, perseverance and courage. As each day unfolded, I was met with an abundance of encouragement, offers of improvement, and the forum to succeed. As a result, I was gifted the opportunity to develop my public speaking skills, sharpen my off-the-cuff acuity, and test my proverbial mettle in a safe, honest, and reassuring environment. And years later, I find myself amidst the multitude standing tall on our respective soap boxes to share our stories, opinions and experiences.
As a proud member of Toastmasters, I have acquired and applied my experiences and learnings to accomplish the following:
- Current Area C25 Director;
- At club level, I secured terms as Club President, Vice President Education, and Vice President Public Relations;
- Started and Sponsored an Information Technology/Cyber Security centric Toastmasters club to bridge technical and business speak;
- Led fundraising campaigns to raise the much-needed funds for several charities including the United Way, Hospital for Sick Children and MLSE Jumpstart;
- Elected to the Board of Directors for the Rosedale Day School; and
- Acted as Guest Speaker at several Club Kick-off meetings.
These accomplishments were meant to elevate the Toastmasters members and clubs to succeed and flourish as better speakers, leaders, individuals and team members. In doing so, they not only helped me repay the empathy, support, and camaraderie realized on my Toastmasters Journey, but they also helped me do my part for the community.
From my untrammeled sight, I see the Toastmasters faithful move steadfastly together. And in the expanse of our dedication, we will celebrate our journeys, self-discoveries and accomplishments.
Onward and upward!
Minard Tapawan, ACS, ACB – Area C25 Director